Located opposite Woodlands Golf Course in the Melbourne bayside suburb of Mordialloc, TLC Healthcare’s latest development will incorporate a residential aged care home alongside a child care centre, community medical centre, commercial health club, swimming pool and café. Due for completion in 2022, this bold new development is the first time this range of intergenerational care services have been offered in one location by a single provider.
Residents of the latest aged care home in the TLC network will have access to a unique range of services including:
- memory support environment: where our highly trained team applies an innovative approach to meeting the needs of people living with dementia
- registered nurses on-duty 24 hours a day: supported by our enrolled nurses, personal care staff, physiotherapists, podiatrists and dietitians
- in-room sensory flooring, emergency call buttons and CCTV: that alert staff the instant residents require assistance
- virtual reality cinema: where residents can immerse themselves in our state-of-the-art virtual reality experiences
- innovative virtual interactive wall technology: promoting indoor physical activities for the residents and children
- TLC Wellbeing: an exciting series of social and fitness activities tailored to our residents’ hobbies, interests and abilities, including intergenerational interaction with the children attending the child care centre
- fully equipped café: where residents can relax and entertain their guests
- beauty salon: a range of hairdressing, nail and beauty services
- transport: an appropriately fitted bus to transport the residents to outings and events
- Foxtel: the option to have Foxtel’s Standard Aged Care Package or Premium Aged Care Package in the residents’ rooms
- TLC Privileges: a package of services and inclusions available exclusively to members
- TLC Healthcare Rewards: a membership program that gives residents and their families access to offers and discounts at Australia’s largest retailers
Our latest integrated primary care medical centre will open at Mordialloc alongside the aged care home, child care centre and health club. Equipped with the latest medical technology, this centre will provide general practitioner consultations, chronic disease management, immunisation, mental health, radiology, physiotherapy, podiatry and dietetics to our residents, children, club members and the wider community.
TLC Early Learning’s first centre will offer spacious indoor and outdoor play areas designed to be both stimulating and educational for your child. We will offer long day care for children from 6 weeks to 5 years old. Our on-site chef will work in consultation with our dietitian to prepare nutritious and balanced meals and snacks. TLC’s intergenerational program will consist of regular activities with the residents of our aged care home. TLC Early Learning is also located right next door to our community medical centre; giving additional peace of mind to parents.
This state-of-the-art facility will be the first commercial health club in the TLC network. The club will incorporate the latest technology in fitness equipment, personal training programs and a 20-metre swimming pool. The club will also be accessible to the residents of the aged care home as part of their physical health program. The on-site medical centre’s healthcare team will also utilise the health club to provide holistic health and fitness services to their patients and the club members.
The on-site café will offer a convenient selection of barista made coffee, tea and beverages plus a selection of light meals. The café will be a communal area where our health club members, patients, residents, staff and visitors can grab a coffee to go or stay to enjoy the vibrant atmosphere. TLC’s cafés are the heart of our facilities, and a great place for our visitors to interact and enjoy each other’s company.